Front End Developer (m/w)
Shyfter is a seed-funded startup looking for a growth hacker to join us in building a new way of managing employees schedules and online HR through our online platforms and mobile apps. We’re a team of five, with dozens of paid users, and we’re growing super mega fast.
If you are an enthusiastic leader with the ability to balance big-picture thinking with deep-dive research and attention to detail, we have the perfect job for you!
You must be both technically proficient and have a keen eye for design and UI/UX. In this role, you’ll make a significant contribution to translating our customer needs and user expectations into interactive web apps. You are an exceptional problem solver with great communication skills and are able to optimize our application in terms of technology and in delivering the best user experience.
Duties and responsibilities
In general, you’ll work closely with the design team, product management, and development teams to create elegant, usable, responsive and interactive interfaces across multiple devices. You will, therefore:
- Gain feedback continuously from users, customers, and colleagues
- Create quality mockups and prototypes, ensuring high-quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Turn UI/UX designs into prototypes, creating excellent interactions from designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed
- Optimize applications for maximum scalability
- Design new features, or maintain old features
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies
Qualifications and requirements
- Profound knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- A high level of proficiency with JS frameworks such as jQuery, React or Vue
- A solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, and ways to work around them
- Solid experience in using a complex REST API from the client-side
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial, or SVN
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and Ajax
What’s in it for you?
- Full time in-house position
- Work in an amazing space located in the heart of Brussels
- …with awesome people
- Get experience owning growth at a fast-growing company
- Attractive salary package inlined with your profile and experience
- Several extra legal advantages & meal vouchers
- Beers & Pizza’s
- A cowboy or equivalent
Just fill the form below with a quick note about yourself and why you’re interested in joining Shyfter.
Send a link to any projects you’d like to show off.